Becoming Us: The Soundtrack
Music has always played a big part in my life and every book I write comes with its own soundtrack. Book soundtracks are invaluable as they keep me focused on the current book even when I’m not writing. I listen to them when I’m driving in the car, cooking bacon and eggs for a big Sunday breakfast, even when I’m doing the ironing. Often little snippets of lyric will spark an idea that will turn out to be just the thing I need to solve a plot problem or figure out why a character is insisting on doing whatever it is they’re doing (rather than what I want them to do). Today, I wanted to share some of the music that inspired me while I was writing Becoming Us.
- Wise Enough – Lamb (this was the Becoming Us theme song!)
- Ten Feet Tall – Wrabel (Lawrence’s theme)
- False Confidence – Noah Kahan (Connor’s theme)
- Halsey – Not Afraid Anymoe (Gabi’s theme)
- Without A Blush – Hatchie
- Not Angry Anymore – Thelma Plum
- Heaven – Troye Sivan
- What You Do – James Gillespie
- Half Light – Banners
- Do You Remember – Jarryd James
- Be Mine – Offenbach
- Waking Up Slow (Piano Version) – Gabrielle Aplin
I hope you enjoyed this sample of songs from the Becoming Us soundtrack. If you’d like to see the complete soundtrack you can find it here.