Becoming Us: The Soundtrack
Music has always played a big part in my life and every book I write comes with its own soundtrack. Book soundtracks are invaluable as they keep me focused on the current book even when I'm not writing. I listen to them when I'm driving in the car, cooking bacon and eggs for a big Sunday breakfast, even when I'm doing the ironing. Often little snippets of lyric will spark an idea that will turn out to be just the thing I need to solve a plot problem or figure out why a character is insisting on doing whatever it is they're doing (rather than what I want them to do). Today, I wanted to share some of the music that inspired me while I was writing Becoming Us.
- Wise Enough - Lamb (this was the Becoming Us theme song!)
- Ten Feet Tall - Wrabel (Lawrence's theme)
- False Confidence - Noah Kahan (Connor's theme)
- Halsey - Not Afraid Anymoe (Gabi's theme)
- Without A Blush - Hatchie
- Not Angry Anymore - Thelma Plum
- Heaven - Troye Sivan
- What You Do - James Gillespie
- Half Light - Banners
- Do You Remember - Jarryd James
- Be Mine - Offenbach
- Waking Up Slow (Piano Version) - Gabrielle Aplin
I hope you enjoyed this sample of songs from the Becoming Us soundtrack. If you'd like to see the complete soundtrack you can find it here.