I’ve mentioned before that when I started writing romance novels my love of music naturally became part of my writing process. Every time I start a new book, one of the first things I do is create a soundtrack for the book. Then I listen to it – constantly. In that article I listed the songs that were on my soundtrack for Our Little Secret, the first book in my Finding Forever series (if you missed that article and would like to see the list, you can see it here.)
Now there are three book in the series, I’m pretty sure everyone around me is sick of me announcing, “This song is on my new soundtrack,” every time I put on music, and then singing along at the top of my lungs. Well, my kids are sick of it anyway.
Today I thought I’d share the completely unofficial soundtrack for Lost in Amber. Lincoln and Amber had such opposing personalities and I had a great time finding songs that managed to capture each of them and set the tone for the book. I hope you enjoy the list!
- Heart’s A Mess – Goyte (This is the theme song for Lost in Amber. “It makes no sense, but I’m desperate to connect.” – This was just too perfect for Lincoln.)
- Take Me To Church – Hozier (I loved Hozier’s entire album, despite the fact that every other song is about death.)
- Can’t Touch It – Ricki-Lee
- Crazy – Daniela Andrade
- All I Ever Want is You – Megan Davies (It took a while for Amber to appreciate Lincoln’s view of the world, but I thought this one captured the way she came around in the end)
- Beneath Your Beautiful – Labrinth and Emeli Sande
- Only Love Can Hurt Like This – Paloma Faith
- Burn Your Name – Powderfinger (because Powderfinger was playing on the radio when Lincoln gave Amber a ride home, of course.)
- Lights – Wanderhouse
- On/Off – Barcelona
- Rescue – Yuna (I loved this song because Amber is one of those wonderful women who will happily rescue her own damn self thank you very much)
- You Don’t Own Me – Grace (I loved this song as a kid listening to my mum’s Leslie Gore album. I still love it today.)
If you would like to listen to the Lost in Amber soundtrack you can find all the songs on Spotify (feel free to follow me, my profile name is rrainewriter, and all my soundtracks are available for listening there). If you don’t use Spotify, you’re sure to be able to find the songs on YouTube, or your preferred music service.