On the odd occasion my love of music takes over and pretty much ruins whatever else I might be doing at the time. I won’t confirm this is the reason why dinner was a little on the over-cooked side tonight, but I will claim the glass of red wine I enjoyed along with singing and dancing around the kitchen had nothing to with it. I’m not sure anyone in my house believes me. Anyway, when I sat down to write this month’s newsletter, I knew I had to share another book soundtrack.
For those of you who don’t already know this, I always put together an unofficial soundtrack when I start a new book and then listen to it – ad nauseam – as I write. I’ve shared the soundtracks for Our Little Secret and Lost in Amber. That leaves the third book in the Finding Forever series, This Time Forever.
The story for This Time Forever floated about in my head for quite a few years before I found the right place to use it. That means I was developing this soundtrack for longer than the others. Many of the songs changed over time. Some, however, lasted right to the end of the book’s development. I hope you enjoy the list.
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten (This was Kelly’s theme song. I imagined her listening to it whenever she needed an extra shot of confidence.)
- Believe – Clint Boge (Clint is from my home town of Brisbane and I’ve been in love with his voice for well over a decade now. This light-hearted track always make me smile.)
- 20 Good Reasons – Thirsty Merc
- Good For You – Selena Gomez, A$AP Rocky
- Shut Up and Dance – Walk The Moon (This is the theme song for This Time Forever. “This woman is my destiny” – Hell, yes, she is Jake!)
- I Knew You Were Trouble – Taylor Swift
- Torn – Natalie Imbruglia (This one was on the list from day one. This song represents how Kelly felt when Jake walked out the first time. I’m sure we’ve all been there at one time or another.)
- Perfect Lonely – John Mayer
- Drops of Jupiter – Train
- SexyBack – Justin Timberlake, Timbaland (This is the other one that’s been attached to this book from the beginning. Love it or hate it, it makes you want to dance.)
- I Try – Macy Gray
- Say Something – A Great Big World, Christina Aguileria (Isn’t this song perfection? *happy sigh*)
If you would like to listen to the This Time Forever soundtrack you can find all the songs on Spotify (feel free to follow me, my profile name is rrainewriter, and all my soundtracks are available for listening there). If you don’t use Spotify, you’ll be able to find the songs on YouTube, or your preferred music service.